Black Country Living Museum
Website design & development , SEO, eCommerce
Black Country Living Museum is an award-winning museum and one of the finest and largest open-air museums in the United Kingdom.
It is one of the most popular visiting attractions in the Midlands. Following a highly competitive 30 agency tender and selection process UC4 were chosen to design and develop the new Black Country Living Museum website.
Amazing as it may seem, the museum have created a 'place' - a real and lively place. With a village and charismatic residents to chat with. The challenge was to bring this 'living and breathing' place to life online.
UC4 worked hard to create a design that encapsulated this fasciniating museum without being twee or old fashioned.
Some of the functionality includes:
- A fully CMS (content managed) driven website allowing the museum to have total control of the content on the site, enabling quick and easy updates including events, news and courses.
- Interactive learning centre providing information and resources for educators, adult learners and groups. E-commerce shop (launched winter 2012).
- Fully controlled events with calender driven searches for future events and courses.
- Collections database integrated with offline Collections Management Software - cataloging over 80000 objects (launch spring 2013).
- Related content tagging - allowing the display of content, objects and items for sale that are related to the main content story.
- Interactive CMS controlled map of the museum. Full Google enabled site search. Mobile version of website (Launch Spring 2013).
The project was delivered on time and on budget and exceeded expectations. Stay tuned for more exciting developments over the next year.